Sunday, January 4, 2009

New bookshelf!




We used some Christmas money to get Brooke a book shelf. Right now it is in our living room and eventually we will move it upstairs in her bedroom. It is helping us stay a little more organized! Brooke loves to take every book off the shelf and throw them on the floor....then she takes all the toys off and she likes to share those. She will hand over one toy at at a time.
At Brooke's last pediatrician visit the doctor said, "Don't be shocked if your child starts to have temper tantrums" ... I think Brooke must have heard the dr. say that!!!! As soon as we got home that day she started. I am not kidding! She gets mad really easily all of a sudden. She fights getting into the car seat...it's awful! She will arch her back so bad and it is so hard to get her to relax and sit in the seat right. Also, I am trying to teach her sign language and she gets mad at me if I make her sign. She likes to point and I just would love for her to be able to sign so she doesn't get so frustrated. All she really knows right now is "more." I am working on "all done" and "drink." We will see how that goes...
I am back to work tomorrow. I am actually looking forward to seeing my students. But, I am going to miss spending time with Brooke all day, every day! We bonded quite a bit these past couple of weeks. Today I took her for her 1 year photos...I will post them later in the week. She refused to take a nap today, she fell asleep while eating green beans and macaroni at dinner. So, she has been in bed since 7:00 pm, which is an hour and half earlier than usual! I am not sure what tonight is going to bring...I am praying she sleeps through the night or else work tomorrow is going to be LONG!

No comments: