Well, we decided that Brooke has given us many signals that maybe she is ready for potty training. I heard it is easier with girls, so why not try? Today I went and bought Pull-Ups and just tried them on her. Matt went downstairs to get the potty that a friend had given us. We set it up and she seemed excited to sit on it. We talked to her about the potty. First, she sat on it with her shorts on, then she tried without her shorts and Pull -up. A few minutes later, I hear her running and saying "poopy, poopy!" So I grabbed her hand and rushed to get to the potty...we didn't make it in time. Sure enough there was poop and one little "pebble" dropped in the potty, so we pretended she did it on the potty. We celebrated, clapped our hands and shouted, YAY!!!! Then, we cleaned her up, put a new pull-up on and washed her hands. Later in the evening before bed I asked her if she needed to go potty. She got a great big smile on her face and ran to the bathroom. She sat on the potty and then stood up, sat down, stood up, sat down...it was a game! So, I thought she was not going to go...sure enough we waited long enough...she put her hands in the potty and I heard splashing...I know, yuck! But she did it!!! We were once again so very excited!!!!! What a great first day of training. Now, let's see how tomorrow goes...
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Potty Time!
Well, we decided that Brooke has given us many signals that maybe she is ready for potty training. I heard it is easier with girls, so why not try? Today I went and bought Pull-Ups and just tried them on her. Matt went downstairs to get the potty that a friend had given us. We set it up and she seemed excited to sit on it. We talked to her about the potty. First, she sat on it with her shorts on, then she tried without her shorts and Pull -up. A few minutes later, I hear her running and saying "poopy, poopy!" So I grabbed her hand and rushed to get to the potty...we didn't make it in time. Sure enough there was poop and one little "pebble" dropped in the potty, so we pretended she did it on the potty. We celebrated, clapped our hands and shouted, YAY!!!! Then, we cleaned her up, put a new pull-up on and washed her hands. Later in the evening before bed I asked her if she needed to go potty. She got a great big smile on her face and ran to the bathroom. She sat on the potty and then stood up, sat down, stood up, sat down...it was a game! So, I thought she was not going to go...sure enough we waited long enough...she put her hands in the potty and I heard splashing...I know, yuck! But she did it!!! We were once again so very excited!!!!! What a great first day of training. Now, let's see how tomorrow goes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment