Thursday, July 2, 2009

Storytime and Play Date with Jake, Carsen, and Ben






This morning I took Brooke to the library for storytime. I was very disappointed...the book was not appropriate for toddlers (about fireworks) and the lady wanted the children to SIT STILL the whole time! Ok, try to get a toddler to sit still for a story that's not even at her level!?!?!?! So, of course, after a minute, Brooke wanted to stand and she walked up to the lady to see the picture better. The lady then made a comment to the parents that we need to make sure our child does not come up while she is reading. So, that made me upset and I ended up leaving. I probably should say something, but it's not me...so, I will let it go and probably try again next year.

In the afternoon my friend Nicole brought Jake and Carsen over for lunch and a play date. We were going to play outside in the pool, but the weather did not cooperate. Later, my friend Karen brought her son, Ben over and they played with us, too! The sun peeked out for a little bit, so we went outside to play in the "house."

No comments: